Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekly Check-in -- August 4, 2008

It was a solid week, an average week.

Week of July 28, 2008:
Weight Loss: - 4 lbs (net -3.5 lbs)

Average water per day: 2-3 cups (although I upped that significantly over the weekend)

Number of days exercised: 3

Total min exercised: 114 (avg of 38 min per day)

Not my best week but not my worst. I struggled with getting up to exercise, in part because I was awake later. I worked really hard on the novel I'm writing in the evenings. When I do things like that, my mind is racing at bedtime and doesn't slow down right away.

I also have to drink more water. LOTS more water. I need at to get back up to at least 8 glasses a day. When I'm at that level, I can almost feel my body working more efficiently.

But overall, I feel pretty good about the week.

What went well? My weight is moving in the right direction. The weight loss is only as much as it is because I'd ballooned at the end of last week due to outrageous eating. Half of the lbs lost was simply getting back to where I'd already been so it was really just an average week on the scale.

I continue to exercise and I'm getting stronger in my legs. I'm walking up stairs more upright and without running out of breath.

I cut down on my snacking...some. I varied my food choices more. I took my vitamin and prescription meds (to help control blood sugar and to increase my iron count) more consistently, despite the havoc that last one is wreaking on my digestive system. It takes a while plus trial-and-error to get the right amount of fiber in my system on a daily basis to counteract the effects of the extra iron.

Most of all, in addition to thinking more about God, which is one thing this blog helps me to do, I was kind to myself mentally. More God-thought tends to do that for me and what a difference it makes!

How'd you do?

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

2 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

You're on the right track, girl. Keep it up.

PatriciaW said...

Thanks, Chicki. But I'm putting together a post on self-sabotage because it's always lurking right beside me.