Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mid-week Worship: I Call You Faithful

Pastor Donnie McClurkin was the minister of music for a time at the church where I was a member as a teenager back in NY. I've always been mesmerized by his musical talent. He has such an anointed voice.

Donnie's had his struggles over the years, and some folks would crucify him for that or at least for what he says now about those struggles. But to me, he'll always be simply Donnie, someone who loves the Lord and who doesn't mind telling whoever will listen.

He influenced my life relative to being bold for God. And I still love to hear him sing God's praises.



We serve an awesome God. What do you call Him?

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

2 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Back when I first got saved I LOVED the N.Y. Restoration Choir. I had no idea who their lead singer was, but his voice mesmerized me also. It wasn't until years later that I found out it was Pastor Donnie.

Do you have his last live album. It's a double CD, and it's awesome.

My best friend goes to his church now.

PatriciaW said...

I don't have the most recent one but I'll pick it up via my music club when it's offered.

Pastor Donnie clearly is anointed to minister to folks through song.