Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekly Check-in: August 11, 2008

This weekend was all about family and back-to-school.

I love spending time with family. If I think about it on the front end, sometimes it feels like a big effort but I always enjoy myself and am glad we had the time together once it's over. This weekend was my in-laws and three of my nephews that I hadn't seen in years. Good stuff.

Back-to-school. Last week. School starts Monday. Shopping. Lots and lots of shopping. Bargain hunting, slashing ridiculous item counts in half (like 13 glue sticks), and much sighing. Lots of "It is what it is". You know.

But they're pretty set now, except for a few big ticket items that remain to be purchased. I'll pick those up between now and the end of the first week of school.

How'd my week go?

Week of August 4, 2008:
Weight Loss: Not sure but I liked today's number

Average water per day: 3-4 cups

Number of days exercised: 3

Total min exercised: 105 (avg of 35 min per day)

-----------------------------------------

I don't know how much weight I lost last week because I don't remember where I started. (Because I don't want to post the actual number here. I did in the first post but quickly revised it.) So I have to make sure I write it on my calendar. Somewhere between 0 and 1.5 lbs. I do know that I'm down 5 lbs total from where I was when I started really making a concerted effort.

Water intake was up a bit. Very consistent with iron supplements, which I think my body has finally adjusted to, and vitamins.

Exercise was okay once I got going about mid-week. Have to work on getting that first Monday AM workout, like I did today, so that I can end the week with 4-5 workouts. But I got a tremendous workout while shopping this weekend. Mall

This week, I'm focused on consistency. Consistency in water intake (4-8 cups per day), AM exercise, and snack-less evenings, which I pretty much did over the weekend.

I need to start increasing my exercise to about 45 min per day. When I hit the next exercise plateau--when you can do the exercises pretty easily without heaving or even sweating much--it will be time for weights.

Heard a great message at church yesterday. God tests us (test, not tempt) in order to teach us and to refine our faith. He also tests us that we might remember from when He has brought us. (Judges 3:1-2, Exodus 16:4, Deutoronomy 8, 1 Pet 1:6-7) So if you're going through something, think on it as the refining of your faith and hold your head up. If you're not going through at the moment, remember from whence you came and thank the Lord!

Happy Monday!

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

No comments: