Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday Worship: You Hold My World

You hold my world in Your hands, 
You hold my world in Your hands, 
And I am amazed at Your love, 
I am amazed that You love me. 

You hold my world in Your hands, 
You hold my world in Your hands, 
And I'm not afraid, 
My world is safe in Your hands, 
In Your hands. 

I first heard this Israel Houghton song shortly before my brother passed away earlier this year. He was alone when he died, in pain and suffering.

I think about him a lot. I wish I'd been a better sister. We were so close and he knew I would do anything for him, knew that I loved him. I just wish I could have done more.

We used to talk about the things of God some times. He wasn't where I am, not quite as sure that his Heavenly Father cared about him or loved him the way I know that Jesus did. He believed in Christ as His Savior, but organized religion, church, wasn't his thing. To my knowledge, his relationship hadn't deepened but perhaps stagnated over the years.

In truth, I don't really know.

Oh, I wish I could have done more. But when I hear this song, as tears stream down my face, I always imagine Daniel hearing these words, almost as if the Holy Spirit was whispering them to him as confirmation, in his final minutes:

You won't let go of me,
You won't let go of me, 
You won't let go of me. 
Never let go. 

You will take care of me, 
You will take care of me, 
You will take care of me, 
You will take care, 
Always take care.

It's such a strong image, with him sitting in a particular chair in the living room, facing the picture window in the house where we grew up. It's almost as though God burned that image in my head to comfort me. It's the same image every time I hear this song.




I'm glad I know that God holds my world and that my world is safe in His hands. Do you know who holds your world?

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

No comments: