Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Time for a Correction

I need to make a correction.

A health correction.

I've been doing really well this year, with eating right (mostly) and exercising (mostly).

But in the last week or so, I've gotten off track.

Okay. More like the last month.

I've allowed sweets to sneak into my mouth. Miniature Snickers bars. Skittles-flavored jelly beans. Chocolate easter bunnies.

But I can't blame it all on Easter. Oh no.

Because Easter candy doesn't include the pop tarts (cherry frosted) or the Cheez-its. They don't account for coconut cookies I had at work just today (three small). Nor do they explain the increase in pasta, rice, and bread that I've ingested--even if all of those things were whole wheat.

The good news is I'm still down 17 lbs on the year. I just haven't lost any additional weight in the last two weeks. And my middle feels like it's slowly inflating.

So it's time for a correction. I've got to clean up my food act. I've also got to work harder at lengthening my morning workouts. Instead of 5 45-min exercise sessions per week, I'm averaging about 4 30-min sessions, which is adding to my problem.

When I push myself physically, I'm less inclined to make bad food choices or overeat. Not sure why, but I am. Plus, the additional exercise will help me move toward my next goal, which is to be under 190 before Mother's Day.

I can do this. I came across another blogger who has lost 60 lbs in the past year. Her name is Lyn and her blog is Escape from Obesity. Lyn is real about the struggles of trying to lose large quantities of weight, but she's determined and getting it done. I'm trying to surround myself with people who are not talking about it, but doing it.

Congratulations Lyn, and keep up the hard work! I'm right behind you.

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

No comments: