Friday, April 10, 2009

Resurrection Weekend

Today is Good Friday, the day we remember the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of Jesus lying dead in the tomb.

Sunday is the celebration of Jesus defeating sin and death, rising from the grave, and ushering in eternal life for all who believe.

It's Resurrection Weekend!!!

This has always been a special time of year for me, going back to when I was a little girl with a brand new dress, a new navy and white, spring coat, a white straw hat on my head, ruffled socks and white patent leather shoes on my feet, with a tiny matching purse swinging in my hand.

I've long since gotten away from the whole Easter outfit thing, although I love the pomp and circumstance of Easter Sunday that will be found in Black churches all across the nation come Sunday.

But most of all, older, wiser, and more grounded in Him, I enjoy the remembrance and celebration of what Jesus has done for me. I can never think on those days, what they must have been like for Him, and not be moved. And I can never thank Him or praise Him enough! Where would I be...


Enjoy this Easter weekend!

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

1 comment:

Chicki Brown said...

I think most Word churches have put aside the fashion show. Thank you, Jesus! It's all so meaningless.