Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekly Check-in: October 13, 2008

Week of October 6, 2008:

Weight Loss: 0 lbs.

Average water per day: 3 cups

Number of exercise days: 4

Total min exercised: 120 min (avg of 30 min per day)


I'm in the battle of my life...for my life.

October is a rough month for me. I'm not sure why. Last year, around this same time, after fighting to get off 17 lbs., I got sluggish. I stopped exercising. I drank less water. I began snacking and eating stuff I knew I shouldn't eat. By the time I realized what was happening, around Jan 15th, I had gained back every pound plus three.

I promised myself I wouldn't let it happen this year. This year because I'm more aware, more enlightened, I would guard against this happening.

It's happening again.

I don't know why. I think it has something to do with being born and raised up North. The climate is changing up there as Fall sets in. From October to mid-January, there was always a sense of things slowing down as winter and the holidays approached. People will begin wearing heavier clothing to keep warm and conserving personal energy whenever possible.

I don't need to do that down here in Florida.

So I'm going to fight my natural instincts. Didn't exercise this morning but I did walk for about four hours yesterday in addition to my regular exercise. I'll be sure to exercise for the remainder of the week.

And I'm going to be a bit stricter about the snacking.

My short-term goal is to make it to Jan 1st without gaining any weight. I'd love to lose but I'll be happy not to gain, as I typically do this time of year. I'll consider that a major accomplishment.

Should I lose weight, I'll be doing a happy dance!

How'd you do last week?

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

No comments: