Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekly Check-In: September 2, 2008

Hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day. Please continue to pray for the people of the Gulf Coast who were displaced or otherwise impacted by Hurricane Gustav. Pray for the people of Florida and the Atlantic region who are now threatened by Hurricane Hanna. And Ike is forming right behind these two!

Week of August 25, 2008:
Weight Loss: 0 lbs.

Average water per day: 4 cups (need to get up to eight)

Number of exercise days: 5

Total min exercised: 180 min (avg of 36 min per day)

Second week of school, the first full week for all of my boys. Was I tired! A couple of days I had to talk myself into getting up, going into the bathroom, putting on my workout clothes, and heading down the stairs. A few times I found myself 10-15 min into my routine before I even felt awake.

But I'm definitely getting into the swing of it. Again, I did five days of exercise. Since I work up at 5 on Labor Day, when I didn't have to, I'm thinking my body is adjusting to the new schedule, which should allow me to be less sluggish and work toward lengthening my workouts.

Eating was good until mid-week when I baked a double layer, chocolate fudge cake for Hubby's birthday. I rarely ate a whole piece but I found myself eating more slivers than I should have. Then Hubby took me out to dinner for our 17th wedding anniversary on Sunday and we ate well, including fresh baked bread dipped in seasoned olive oil and creme brulee for dessert. Not to mention that about a third of that cake is still in the cake keeper on the counter.

But I've had my fill. It's a new month and I'm really committed to continued progress. I'm more toned than I've been in a long time, even if the pounds aren't falling off just yet. If I keep my workouts going and lengthen them, then it comes down to calories ingested. And aside from my Middle Son's birthday later this month, we won't have any more celebrations involving food until Thanksgiving!

The whole family went to the track yesterday so that Hubby and I could work out, making it easier for me to keep to my 5 workouts a week minimum this week.

Bottomline, to lose weight, it's simply calories out must exceed calories in. Or, to put it another way, not even considering what kind of calories I'm eating, I'm going to have to eat less.

Knowing and doing are two different things.

Perhaps I shouldn't use words like "simply" because I find weight loss to be anything but simple.

But I'm encouraged. And I've got a buddy in this battle, my crit partner, Chicki, who is walking her way to good health on her new walking treadmill.

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

1 comment:

Chicki Brown said...

We're even. I didn't drop any pounds either. The family had a BBQ yesterday, but I only had one plate. Did have a small piece of cake and a brownie though...

Well, tomorrow's another day.