Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday Catching Up w/ Ricky Dillard

Nearly a week has gone by since I last posted on Valentine's Day. I've been a bit preoccupied, both at work and on the homefront.

God is still blessing, every day, in new and unexpected ways.

Sometimes busy is good. It is for me, when I am productive, getting things done, knocking things off the ever-growing To-Do list.

But I missed my Wednesday Worship. And just like any habit broken, initially it's a shock to the system. How did that happen? What was I thinking?

Can't let that happen again.

My son plays thumping gospel music every single morning on the way to school. It gets him charged up, fired up, and ready for his day, which not only includes seven periods of classes but practices and/or games in three sports.

He alternates between Christian rap and contemporary artists like Karen Clark or Donald Lawrence, especially songs that he perceives to have an "old-school" flavor. (He likes that "walking" bass line.)

The latest "playlist" consists of songs from Ricky Dillard's last album. Good for him but for me, it means the songs are swirling around in my head all day long, whether I want them there or not.

Might as well share one...



Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

2 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Whoa! That camera was moving so much, I'm dizzy...

I love New G. They can party in the name of Jesus!

PatriciaW said...

It was a bit shaky, wasn't it? But that was the closest arrangement to the album version I could find.