Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thank You, Lord, and May I Trust You More

Today's my birthday.

Some 40+ years ago, my mother gave birth on a Monday evening around dinner time.

Out came me.

I looooove birthdays, especially mine.

I don't have any big plans and don't know that Hubby has anything in mind. I've had some great birthdays and some really rotten ones, if I allow myself to dwell on the circumstances surrounding me at the time. This one could easily fall into the latter group.

But, to quote our illustrious new president, Barack Obama, "Not this time".

I will enjoy my birthday come what may.

And most of all, I pray that in this year 2009, that four things (I always get four wishes since my birthday is on the 4th) are true:

1) I finally lose the weight that has hampered me both physically and psychologically.

2) My family's financial picture stabilizes and begins an upward trend.

3) I write and submit a book that I'm proud of. (And an offer for publication wouldn't be a bad gift!)

4) Most of all, I draw closer to God and learn to trust Him even more.

And now, a birthday present to myself, two of my favorite gospel artists, Bishop Walter Hawkins and Pastor Donnie McClurkin with Thank You, Lord at the 1993 Azuza Conference:



Thank you, Lord, for another year.

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!!

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

2 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Thanks, Patricia! This is one of my favorite "oldies," but I had no idea Walter wrote it.

Wow, that was back when Donnie had hair and Walter was skinny. :)

PatriciaW said...

Isn't it funny? Walter Hawkins is absolutely one of the best singer/songwriters in the music industry.