Thursday, December 31, 2009

Counting The Blessings of 2009

I like to count my blessings. Doing so reminds me that I'm indeed blessed, no matter what my circumstances.

Here they are for this past year, as they come to mind:
  • Losing 23 lbs and keeping off 18 (I'm shooting for another 30 in 2010!)

  • Celebrating 18 years of marriage

  • Witnessing the celebration of my in-laws' 50 years of marriage

  • My oldest son getting great grades in his first year of high school and attending the Phenom camp in San Diego and a few local basketball camps, leading to his name popping up on a few national lists for his class and his first Varsity games

  • My middle son getting accepted by lottery into the Science Magnet school of his choice and exploring his "Mad Science" yearnings

  • My youngest, prekindergarten son showing an artistic bent in photography and drawing

  • Not sleeping a day on the streets nor missing a meal despite coming painfully close at times as we await the release of God's blessings for us

  • Continued employment

  • My critique partners

  • A used laptop from one of my critique partners who heard my cry

  • Millions of words, in the form of the 130+ books I read

  • Free books from publishers, publicists, review sites enabling me to indulge my voracious reading habit in exchange for my opinion

  • Writing encouragement from fellow writers, bloggers, critique partners, agents, family, and unexpected places

  • Creditors who would normally not give a flying fig about my circumstances who offered me options and on occasion prayed for me

  • The health of myself and my family

  • My mother's continued life; 88 years and going strong

  • Reconnecting with old friends and making new ones through Facebook and Twitter

  • The smiles, hugs and laughter of my children

  • The love and respect of my husband

  • A determined, if, on occasion, deterred spirit

  • A renewed, less fearful, more patient faith

  • An ever faithful God
For these things, and many more, I'm thankful as 2009 draws to a close. I look forward to the promise and blessing of 2010.

Happy New Year!

For what are you thankful?

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

1 comment:

Lynda Lee Schab said...

What a beautiful list, Patricia! And an even more beautiful spirit. May God continue to bless you abundantly in 2010!!!