Monday, August 24, 2009

God-Thoughts

Thinking about God-thoughts. Not what I think of God, but more importantly, what He thinks toward me.

Still studying The Attitude of Faith by Frank Damazio.

God-thoughts.

How does God see me?

What does God desire for me?

What does God have planned for me?

What does God believe for me?

Sometimes we slip up--not in a bad, criminal or hurtful to others way, but certainly hurtful to ourselves--because we forget about the God-thoughts. We forget what God has said in His Word as an encouragement and reminder for us, about what He thinks. Thoughts like:
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. -- Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

or

This is what the LORD says—he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. -- Isaiah 44:2-3 NIV
See, God thinks more highly of us than we could ever think of ourselves. He crafted and created us. He desires more for us than we could ever desire for ourselves. He believes the best of us, even when we and others believe the worst. He has the best of plans for our lives, despite the bad or negative things that surround us.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. -- Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV
We may never know the full mind of God, but we need to steep ourselves in God-thoughts and push aside everything else. With God-thoughts, we'll believe and expect more for our lives. God-thoughts will fuel our faith, and thereby propel our actions in ways that are pleasing to God.

Have you been having God-thoughts?

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

No comments: