Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Pound and...a Bag of Chips

I haven't talked much here about my weight loss journey recently. Not even a peep.

Now, don't take that to mean that I've given up because I haven't. In fact, I'm more committed than ever. It's one of the few things I think about every single day. Losing weight requires that.

But actually, I'm not doing too shabbily. I'm down 26 lbs on the year. Now I lost most of that in the first three months so it's been pretty much like uphill climbing since April. But I've had a lot going on that has conspired to work against my success.

Still, I'm committed, which has amounted to about 6 lbs off in the past four months.

I'll take it! Makes me that much closer to my goal weight.

Of course now, it doesn't help, right after weighing myself, as I did Friday at lunch time, and seeing that I was down another lb, that I immediately snagged a bag of potato chips out of the vending machine. A place I hadn't been for the past month or more. (Golden brown Lays Honey Barbecue chips, just like the ones pictured.)

What makes me think that bad foods are a reward for the hard work of losing weight?

Sighhhh...

I might fall off the wagon but I never let go of the reins so I righted myself and had a pretty good weekend.

Here's hoping to four more lbs by the end of the month, for a full 30 lbs off.

Do you have something that is your constant, daily struggle? How do you stay committed to change? How do you reward yourself for small successes?

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

3 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

I don't want to talk about it ...

PatriciaW said...

I understand, Chicki. :)

Kaye Dacus said...

I'm to the point where, when I have a "good" week at the scale, I feel like I lost those couple of pounds by running trying to catch up with the wagon I fell off the week before. ::sigh::