Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday Worship: No Other Name

I wrote this post two weeks ago but didn't get it up before I headed off to San Diego.

-------------------------------------


Life is fuzzy again.

Losing (and gaining) the same 5 lbs, and wondering how I will ever meet my goal?

Two cars in repair, forcing me to take buses everywhere I need or want to go.

More that I want or need to do than the cash actually in my pocket will allow.

Pressure at work to engage and perform.

Sniffles and coughs from almost every member of the house.

That's how life is, isn't it? Rarely smooth and silky like chocolate pudding. Usually more like peanut brittle. Rough and nubby, broken in places.

Not bad. Not full-blown crises.

Just not smooth sailing.

Still sweet and delicious to taste, but necessitating a little more chewing, a lot more wrestling before the enjoyment comes.

Even when we're on the scratchy, uneven side of life, I love that God is still God, and there's No Other Name I'd call upon to see me through.



Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

2 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

It's been a while girl. I was about to e-mail you and ask when you planned to post again. Hope there's a new entry on your other blog too!

Things WILL get better. Just keep your eyes on Jesus and be thankful for what you DO have. He's going to come through.

Lynda Lee Schab said...

Great post! Love the chocolate pudding and peanut brittle contrast. So true! I can really relate. :-)