Monday, March 2, 2009

Back from the Abyss

Last week was rough. Still working through some stuff and my middle son took ill. A case of food poisoning at school via a corn dog.

Took 6 days for this to pass through his system, three of which he didn't eat at all. We had to force him to drink so he wouldn't get dehydrated, and Friday night, when his temperature hovered in the 103.5 range, I was sure we were destined for a trip to the ER.

But a little God-enabled Motrin, and some mother/father love, prevailed. The fever broke and my baby awoke feeling a little better. After a quiet Saturday, he got up Sunday morning and began devouring everything in his path, it seemed.

Now Littlest One is not feeling so hot but I'm hoping it's more fatigue than the stomach bug, which the doctor assured us was indeed contagious.

----------------------------------------------

I've been listening to Pastor Bill Winston lately. I've always enjoyed his no-nonsense, straight to the point teaching style. He's been talking about faith. When he talked about the need to fuel our faith, it hit me that I haven't really been doing that. It's possible to live in a godly manner, attend services, listen to Christian music, read Christian books, fellowship with other Christians and talk faith but not really live it.

Because faith believes when evidence suggests impossibility.

Faith knows no boundaries or limits.

Faith doesn't argue against well-thought out analysis; it simply can't fathom the not side of things.

Faith doesn't fear spreading its wings or receiving blessings that appear unimaginable.

Faith doesn't seek to control or contain circumstances.

I realized that even as I've been acknowledging the glory of God and thanking God for recent blessings, because of circumstances, I've put my blinders on, reducing that which I desire or expect God to do to fall within my limited purview.

God forgive me.


I don't want to be bound by my lack of vision, lack of belief, or lack of faith.

My God "...is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us..."

For that which I desire from the Lord, which includes a deeper walk, I'd better start refueling my faith.

Peace & Blessings,
Patricia

2 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

We had Bill Winston at World Changers several times. He's a good teacher.

I blogged about impossibilities the other day. Since I only got one comment, I'm leaving it up for a while.

PatriciaW said...

Google Reader didn't show you as having a new post so I'll hop over to check for myself.